职场英语:交流反馈

Zina: We’re going to blow WebTracker out of the water. Trust me.
  吉娜: 我们会让“网路搜寻家”出局的。相信我。
  Mary: I believe you, Zina.
  玛莉: 我相信你,吉娜。
  Zina: Mary, can I ask you something? What color are your post-it notes?
  吉娜: 玛莉,我能问你个问题吗?你的便利贴是什么颜色?
  Mary: My post-it notes? Pink, I think. Why?
  玛莉: 我的便利贴?我想是粉红的吧,怎么?
  Zina: Are you sure they aren’t green? It’s OK if they are. Just be 1) honest.
  吉娜: 你确定不是绿色?是也无妨。老实说就好。
  Mary: I’m pretty sure they’re pink. Did I do something wrong?
  玛莉: 我很确定是粉红色的。我做错了什么吗?
  Zina: No. Pink is OK. Stick with pink.
  吉娜: 没有。粉红很好。不要换。
  
  语言详解
  A: Why is he so upset?
  他怎么那么难过?
  B: I told him he’s getting fat. I was just being honest.
  我跟他说他变胖了。我只是说实话而已。
  【 of the water 击溃……】
   of the water是指“把……打得落花流水”,意即让对方溃不成军:
  A: How was the basketball game last night?
  昨晚的'篮球赛如何?
  B: The Lakers blew the Pistons out of the water.
  湖人队把活塞队打得溃不成军。
  【stick with... 坚持……】
  stick with something 是指“坚持(某事)”,也就是不轻言放弃,不轻易更换:
  A: What’s the best way to learn English?
  学英文最好的方法是什么?
  B: Stick with the basics until you know them really well.
  坚守住基本原理,直到你了然于心。
  1) honest (a.) 诚实
 

职场英语:交流反馈